Thursday, May 20, 2010

Does anyone know anything about lemonbalm, mint, and/or lavender?

I'm growing all three plants; any information would be kewl!

Does anyone know anything about lemonbalm, mint, and/or lavender?
I also am growing lemonbalm and lavendar. They are perinnials so they come back in the spring after our Midwest winters. This is what I know so far. The lemonbalm is fairly easy to grow. Just keep fairly well watered. I noticed last summer that it would become fairly droopy when it needed water, but would bounce right back as soon as I gave it a big drink. It quadrupled in size from the time I planted it in May until our first freeze in November. The lavender hardly grew at ALL! My Mom told me that Lavendar prefers yucky soil. The worse the soil is the better the Lavendar does. In other words, a more clay based or sandy soil is preferred. She also told me that it doesn't really need much water (and I of course watered it every day before she told me that!) Good Luck...I'll have to wait and see what happens this spring to see if they both come back ok!


No comments:

Post a Comment