Monday, May 11, 2009

How do you use Lavender Munstead?

I just bought Lavender Munstead thinking it was Rosemary, should have looked at the little tag. Anyway my question is How is it used in cooking or can it be used in cooking? Do only use the flowers when it flowers or can I use the leaves regardless of flowering? Any help would be appreciated! Thank You

How do you use Lavender Munstead?
All lavenders are edible. I particuarly like lavender scented shortbread cookies.





Plant in full sun where it won't sit in water---they like it on the dry side. The plant is fragrant, so I like to plant it near walks where I can brush against it and release the fragrance. Bees love the flowers. I always look for ways to provide bee forage.





You can flavor cookies and drinks with lavender and scent your home.





Lavenders are quite cold tolerant woody plants that will last for many many years with little care. Remove last summer's flower stalks in the spring, tidy up the plant, and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment