Friday, November 18, 2011

How many weeks before a wedding is it safe to order lavender buds to toss after the wedding?

I've looked everywhere online, and can't seem to find approximately how long the fresh, dried lavendar buds will stay scented for. I'd like to order the buds, but just want to make sure that they will still be scented for the wedding in a month and a half. Any suggestions?

How many weeks before a wedding is it safe to order lavender buds to toss after the wedding?
I just picked a BUNCH this year and dried them myself. I found a bunch on ebay that were harvested in 2007 that they're selling by the pound, so I'd say you're pretty safe. They do seem to stay potent for a long time.
Reply:Dried lavender stays fragrant for years and years. Why do you resist dried material? Who's going to know the difference? It's lavender.


No comments:

Post a Comment